Thursday, December 18, 2008

Kevin's 40th surprise party

As most of you know, Kevin turns 40 this month and we had a HUGE surprise party for him. Over 80 friends and family from Texas, Indiana, Mississippi, Kentucky and Georgia showed up to toast him and roast him. It was quite an evening with lots of love, laughter, and embarrassing moments for Kevin!! THANK YOU to everyone who helped "behind the scenes" that night and in the weeks leading up the big event....I couldn't have pulled it off without you! We are so blessed to have friends like you! Special thanks also to Conrad for filling in as our entertaining emcee! I think Kevin's favorite part of the evening was the kids' performance. They had been secretly working on a very special song that they played for him and all the guests at the party. It makes me smile (and cry a little) every time I watch it!



Here are a few other pictures from the party....















2 comments:

The Woolfpack said...

This is soooo sweet!! You're children are precious. What a great memory for Kevin.

The Adams Family said...

That is so awesome!! They are just the sweetest kids in the world, but I should know that b/c they are being raised by such special parents.

That song has very special meaning to me. My grandmother sang that to me always growing up and I have ben singing that to Anna Beth since she was born. She knows every word. Everytime she is upset.....the first she hears of me sing this song, she is all better!

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com