Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mary Rose!


Our very merry Mary Rose is 11! Our bookworm, with her sweet nature, mature disposition, infectious laugh and many talents, is a blessing to us in every way. I know this quote is over-used, but I can't help but think of my sweet Rosie when I read it:

"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves."-JM Barrie

Here are a couple of shots from her most recent portrait session ("thank-you" to her talented Aunt Shawna, for taking these!)





We have been celebrating Rosie's birthday for days...first with a sleepover with her best friends from school,



...then with a family party Monday night while Papa & Mimi and some of her cousins were in town. Eli & Cooper (my nephews) also had a birthday this past week, so my parents couldn't stay away with 3 of Nashville grandkids all having birthdays!!
We had a "real" cake for her sleepover party, but for the family party, I made two of Mary Rose's favorite desserts.....peanut butter pie and chocolate-chip-cookiedough cheesecake. It was my first attempt at real cheesecake from scratch....it turned out better than I thought it would, but still not quite up to Cheesecake Factory status yet!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Their rarity has historically made fancy colored diamonds very
highly prized in comparison with colorless crystals normally connected with these gemstones.
Gemstones were believed to possess magical or spiritual powers.
They wind up happy and you turn out happy because everyone gets what they wanted within the first place.



Feel free to surf to my page jewelry

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com